|lostandfoundmod (lostandfoundmod) wrote,|
@ 2014-07-29 15:02:00
• The process of being turned into a vampire is very painful, and very slow. The maker will drain all blood from the victim, then allow their childe to drink their blood in turn. Then the childe must sleep uninterrupted for a full day, waking as a newly turned vampire.
• Sunlight will harm a vampire, but slowly. They will not immediately burst into flames and then cinder. Sunlight will cause sunburn within two minutes, severe burns within ten minutes, and ignition of the skin after fifteen minutes of direct, unfiltered sunlight.
• Although sunblock can be worn by vampires [SPF 50 minimum], it will only be effective for an hour at the most. Even if a vampire is completely covered by clothing, they can still receive burns on their skin from too much sunlight exposure.
• Vampires are weakened by holy objects, and cannot set foot on holy ground or they become violently ill. They are not allergic to garlic or silver.
• Vampires share a special blood bond with their maker, although this does not grant any special abilities between them (telepathy, the ability to find one another through feeling). They do become more empathic to one another's emotions and more in tune with each other.
• Killing a vampire's sire will not change them back into a human. Nothing can change them back into a human.
• Vampires look like regular humans, although their body temperatures are lower, their skin paler and their canine teeth are elongated. The fangs are not retractable. Many vampires notice their irises darken the longer they are turned, although this is mostly noticeable if their eyes are a light color originally.
• Vampires cannot reproduce sexually, although they are capable of having sex normally.
• Drinking a vampire's blood will not give you any kind of high, nor will it heighten your senses. It will just taste thick and bloody and possibly make you sick.
• Vampires cannot fly, and they possess no magical abilities (such as glamor). They tend to be faster, more agile, and heal 3x faster than humans. They cannot regenerate limbs.
• Vampires are immortal, meaning they will not die of natural causes. A vampire can be killed by decapitation, or if their brain or heart is destroyed.
• Minor imperfections, such as poor vision or hearing, are corrected when they are turned. As for other diseases, it depends on severity. Lung cancer (or any cancer) will be healed, but a club foot or missing limb will not be fixed.
• Becoming a vampire changes your DNA, meaning that any gifted abilities a human might have had will be eliminated.
→ colletteadebt, dediver
• A human can become a lycanthrope through biting only, while the lycan is in animal form. Scratches from a lycan will take longer to heal than normal, but will not turn someone. Humans cannot be impregnated by a lycan, as the fetus will shift during the first full moon and destroy the mother's uterus. Only two lycanthropes of the same breed can reproduce.
• Lycanthropes vary in species, although they can be any breed of medium to large mammal. This includes tigers, pumas, jaguars, wolves, coyotes, panthers, etc.
• For at least three days before the full moon, lycans tend to be highly emotional and easily provoked. They also crave meats more before their shift. All lycanthropes shift during the full moon and remain in their animal form until sunrise.
• Most lycans live to be between 200 and 300 years of age. Their bodies age more slowly than humans, and they heal faster. They tend to be quicker and more agile than humans, although much of this depends upon their animal form.
• Lycanthropes have a heightened sense of smell and hearing, which is even greater closer to the full moon.
• Lycans have an allergy to silver- touching it will hurt them and leave a welt, which takes a while to heal.
→ artiebarclay, bertabrains
• There are many types of abilities that gifted humans can have, including (but not limited to): telepathy, empathy, pyrokinesis, clairvoyance/medium, telekinesis, invisibility, technokinesis, super strength, etc.
• They are susceptible to all diseases, and have normal human strength and senses. They live a normal human lifespan.
• Although gifted humans can pass on their abilities genetically, there is no guarantee that their children will have any ability within them. They would be carriers of the gene, but it may be recessive in themselves.
→ ihatehim, ihateher, wild_darkness, wesleymac, darynoconner
• Shape shifters can shift into a living creature that is within reason of their own size. For instance, a 4 foot tall girl cannot shift into an Alaskan grizzly. Nor can a 7 foot man turn into a house cat.
• Shifters appear human, and are susceptible to all human illnesses and diseases.
• Shifters tend to be slightly stronger and more agile than normal humans.
• It takes many years of practice and focus for a shifter to be able to change themselves to look like another person. Gradually they will learn to change individual features of themselves, such as hair or eye color, but a complete human-to-human shift is only for the experienced.
• They live a normal human lifespan.
• Full blooded demons cannot exist on the human plane, so they do not reside on Earth. Instead they visit for brief period, usually fornicating with a human or fifty, then vanish back to their realm.
• There are many types of demons- fire, ice, water, smoke, electric, incubus, succubus, just to name a few.
• Their abilities vary based on their type, but an opposing element will weaken a demon. However, all demons cannot touch holy relics or stand on sacred ground.
• Demons feel most comfortable within their own element, and their abilities flourish there. Their powers and abilities vary, based on their element.
• Demonic genes can be passed down into children. If two half demons of different elements procreate, the child will only take on the element of one parent.
• Demons look like humans, though they will have one varying trait. It can be horns, clawlike fingernails, strangely colored eyes, scales, wings, a tail, etc.
• Half demons live twice as long as humans.
• They require food and nutrition just as humans do, although some demon types (succubus/incubus) may require additional sustenance.
• Demons are immune to human diseases, and heal much faster.
• It is impossible to be possessed by a demon.
→ roselliot, sim_ulation, no_promises, twosidedshocker, severance
• Full blooded angels cannot exist on the human plane, so they do not reside on Earth. Instead they visit for brief period, usually fornicating with a human or fifty, then vanish back to their realm.
• Angelspawn have blonde hair and blue eyes, and are often described as "striking" or "startlingly pretty".
• They exude an aura of calm to them naturally, and through practice can enhance their aura to effect more people.
• The chances of an angel having wings is 50%. Their wings are white and feathered, and wingspan can reach up to 15 feet.
• Angels eat normally, but require prayer at least once per day, though some prefer more. Going without prayer will make them sick after several days.
• They cannot touch unholy objects or beings; this includes vampires. While they can make physical contact with half demons, it must be brief or both start to experience pain.
• Angels are immune to all human diseases, but through prayer they can help to heal someone else by taking the injury onto themselves. This is advanced magic, however.
• Angels can live up to 400 years.
BANSHEES & SIRENS
• Banshees and Sirens are closely related- they both have powerful vocal chords, they both are susceptible to all human diseases, and both reproduce as humans do.
• Full blooded banshees and sirens live in the human world, but they do not like to interact with humans.
• Neither race feels a strong connection to their young, and are the most likely of supernatural races to abandon their young at an early age.
• Banshees can emit a loud scream that can cause nausea, extreme headache and sometimes temporarily deafen a victim.
• Banshees are not related to death, they cannot cause it or predict it. However, they can "feel" when death is strongly nearby; they feel highly empathic toward someone who has suffered a loss, and to those on their death bed. The "banshee's wail" refers to the weeping of the banshee caused from the great sadness they feel in the presence of death.
• Sirens have a small, second voice box inside their normal one. When they utilize it, their voices take on a magical tone that often renders a victim completely entranced. Sirens have beautiful singing voices.
• Any race with the ability to project, read or manipulate thought are less prone to a siren's song.
• Sirens are connected to water, and feel more comfortable in it. They are avid swimmers and can hold their breath for up to thirty minutes.
• Banshees tend to have a "deathly" look about them- wide, dark eyes, dark hair, and pale skin. They tend to be leaner and thinner than humans.
• While sirens looks mostly human, they tend to have scales along their shoulders, back and hips, and many have webbed feet and hands.
• Both races are high affected by mind-altering drugs.
• Both races can be either male or female.
• Banshees and Sirens can live between 300-500 years.
→ geekoutbeth, wildesiren, tinatakesall
• Full blooded fae cannot exist long in the human world because of pollution and overpopulation. However, some fae do choose to live with a human with whom they've grown attached, but these fae die at an early age- usually within their forties or fifties.
• The Fae races include sprites, nymphs, and faeries. Although each species differs, they are often collectively known as Fae.
• Fae prefer to be outdoors, and claustrophobia is common among them. They are very in touch with nature and help plant life flourish.
• Faeries and sprites can have wings, but nymphs cannot. They can learn to fly with their wings, but it takes a great deal of practice and many find no use for the skill living in the human world. Their wings are retractable but again, this takes practice to avoid injury.
• Nymphs have the ability to communicate with animals.
• All fae can live to be up to 300 years old, and are resistant to human diseases and illnesses.
• Fae are susceptible to sickness from air or water contamination that would not affect other races.
• Fae have outwardly empathic abilities. When they are happy, they exude a sense of peace and calm. When they are angry, they radiate ire and frustration.
• Fae require food as humans do.
• Magi (or mages) are the true magic users. Their magical ability is inherent within themselves, although they cannot utilize it without proper study and meditation.
• Magi abilities tend to develop later in puberty than other races. Many magi don't realize they have abilities until their late teens or even early twenties.
• Because their hands are the source of their power wielding, as they study their craft the magi will discover tattoos scrawling over their hands. The style of tattoo varies on the brand of magic in which the magi excels, but for the most part they greatly resemble Henna. [Examples: Earth/nature, Illusion, Mechanical, etc.]
• Magi reproduce and require food just like humans. They don't have any unusual features, save the markings on their hands.
• Magi live a normal human lifespan, although many concoct potions and spells to prolong their lives. No spell can make them immortal or immune to all pain, however.
• Magi are capable of casting spells and creating potions, something no other race can do. However, it takes much practice and concentration for a magi to be able to use their abilities. An overflow of emotions does not always render a magical outburst (although it certainly can happen), and a spell cannot be "accidentally" cast on someone.
• More often than not, a Magi will have a familiar, or an animal with whom they feel connected, magically speaking. While it takes a very long time (think decades) for a magi to use their familiar in projected sight, one of the first spells most young magi master is the ability for them to communicate with their familiar.