Staff Orientation Welcome to your new home- L'académie des Objets Trouvés. In French, it means "The Lost and Found Academy". You will find that our academy is very much like the lost and found bin sitting at the front registration desk- full of lost little souls left behind by society, waiting for their purposes and answers. It is your job to provide them with those answers, to help them discover their own purpose. Most importantly, though, it is your job to keep them safe.
Some of you are alumni from this school, some are alumni from others much like it. Therefore you are well aware of how stringent the rules of safety are, and how careful we must be to avoid scrutiny from the outside world. Self preservation is our number one priority, it is the reason for academies such as this one. It is the reason we are here to do what we do. Any staff member who puts the safety of our students, or the safety of our people, in jeopardy will face immediate termination. As it has always been said to you, with the air of warning a whisper in the tone, "They" are always watching us.
As well as providing protection and easing integration back into the human world, you are expected to make this school experience as "normal" for the students as possible. Please keep in mind that while the walls are heavily barricaded and we are under monitoring at all times, this is till a school and not a prison. Encourage the students to have fun, both with your lessons and in their free time. As important as it is for them to manage their newfound abilities, it is more important for them to grow and flourish as people and sensible young adults.
RULES FOR STAFF
• Inappropriate interaction with students (including sexual congress, grading favoritism, feeding from them) will not be tolerated and lead to immediate job termination.
• Staff members are not to provide students with alcohol or other illegal substances. Violation of this rule can result in immediate termination.
• Staff members must pass both drug and background checks in order to gain employment. In addition, drug tests may be administered at random or with probably cause. *Note: The term "drug" refers to any substance which renders the user unable to function normally, or impairs judgement, including (but not limited to;) alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, or any spell or potion that yields similar effects.
• Violence and harassment of any kind, either to students or staff, will not be tolerated.
• Smoking of any kind is not allowed in the buildings or on school grounds. A designated smoking area is available for use of smoking cigarettes.
• You all share the same living quarters, please respect one another's personal living space and avoid excessive noise, especially during evening and early morning hours.
• Under no circumstance is any staff member allowed to transport a student, either on foot or by vehicle, from the premises.