Student Orientation Welcome, students, to your new home- L'académie des Objets Trouvés. In French, it means "The Lost and Found Academy". We at the academy hope that your stay here in The Lost and Found is not only educational, but meaningful to you. It is within these walls that you will learn about yourselves, not only in the new capabilities you have discovered, but the history of where these abilities came from, and how you will fit into the world around you. It will be shown to you the importance of our work here, and the importance of the lessons you will be taught for the safety of yourselves and also those around you. The human world and the supernatural world, although different, have coexisted peacefully for thousands of years because of the methods you will be taught here.
Upon your arrival, you were given a brief introduction as to what to expect here, and what is expected of you. You were also given a laptop computer and cellular telephone for your own personal use. Please keep in mind that although these objects are in your care, and you may utilize and personalize them as you wish, they are school property and must be returned once you have graduated from the academy. You are responsible for any and all damages.
For those who do not speak English, the main language spoken here, you will receive a wrist band that will translate spoken word for you. You may also use this band to assist you in learning the language. Please see [tech teacher] if you have any questions on how to operate your wrist band.
Each student is provided with a bed, a dresser, a small closet and a desk. Some rooms will house three students, some will house two. The room selection is chosen at random, although room changes or requests can be made. It will be up to the housing director's discretion as to whether or not the request is granted.
Each student is granted a $100 monthly stipend, to be used for purchases in the school's registry database. The registry is accessible through our main online community, the small shopping cart icon at the top left of your home screen. You may also transfer funds to other students.
Students are allowed full access to the internet and its uses, but be warned- any activity that is illegal or jeopardizes the safety of this school will lead to disciplinary action. Your online activity is heavily monitored. You are discouraged, but not forbidden, from using social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus. [Please keep in mind that during your orientation meeting, it will be determined whether or not you are allowed to continue using your social media accounts.]
You are not authorized to leave the school until you complete the graduation requirements; this is non negotiable and for your safety, as well as the safety of others. Many new students often find this concept difficult to accept, but as you progress in your classes and work on training your abilities, it will become clear why your safety, as well as the safety of all supernaturals, depends on your temporary isolation from the humans.
RULES FOR STUDENTS
• There will be no aggressive behavior, verbal or physical, between students.
• Unmonitored feeding from vampire students is strictly forbidden.
• Any student who puts another student or a staff member at risk, either intentionally or through carelessness, will be expelled indefinitely.
• Students must return to their dormitories by 9pm. Each student must sleep alone in their own bed. Checks are done randomly to ensure this.
• General school work is expected to be completed as much as supernatural education. Both are important and both will determine graduation.
• Only one student at a time in each shower or bathroom stall.
• The kitchen is for communal use, but please be considerate of others and clean your own mess and dishes.
• Students will dress in an appropriate manner for classes. This means their clothing will be clean and free of strong odor, and age appropriate. No hats, sunglasses, hoods, etc. may be worn inside the building. If attire is deemed too provocative, offensive or unfit for a classroom, disciplinary action will be taken.
• Students are expected to attend all classes and complete all assignments. Extensions will be given on an as-needed basis, and is up to the discretion of the professor.
• Cell phones are not allowed during school hours. Administration has the right to confiscate any phone they see being used during school hours. Phones confiscated may be retrieved from the headmistress' office at 6pm the same day.
• Any student willfully defacing or destroying school property will be disciplined, including loss of privilege, and/or replacing/repairing said damage.
• The use of cigarettes, drugs or alcohol will not be tolerated on school grounds. For students 18+, there is a designated cigarette smoking area.
• You will be given an access code for your personal username to access the school's online community. Please keep this information private, as any and all activity done on your account will be your responsibility. This includes any items ordered through the registry under your username.
• Under no circumstances are students allowed to leave the grounds.
→ THESE RULES ARE FOR YOUR SAFETY, AS WELL AS THE SAFETY OF THOSE AROUND YOU. IT WOULD BEHOOVE YOU TO ABIDE BY THEM FULLY.